Baratza Presio Coffee Grinder
The Preciso is a Virtuoso with both a Macro and a Micro adjustment mechanism. The Macro adjustment has 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to course for French Press. A secondary micro adjust lever further divides each of the 40 Macro positions into 11 distinct steps. These steps(10 microns each), enable you to precisely turn the grind for the perfect shot.
Detailed Product Description:
Commercial-Grade Conical Burrs – The new 40 mm conical burrs used in the Preciso grind coffee at over 2.5 times as fast as the Virtuoso (1.8 g/sec to 2.5 g/sec. depending on the particle size.) Also, the particle distribution (especially for drip and press) is very unimodal, meaning there are very few fines in the coffee. This results in a cleaner, brighter, no-silt cup of coffee.
Innovative Burr Calibration System – the Presio retains the 40 grind adjustment steps of the Virtuoso, but a second micro adjustment lever further divides each of the 40 steps into 11 distinct settings. Smaller steps means you have more control over your espresso grind, enabling you to pull that perfect shot.
PortaHolder – each Preciso comes with the PortaHolder, which permits hands free grinding into the Espresso portafilter. The regular 5 oz grounds bin is also included.
Pulse Button and 60 Second Timers – Front mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso filter basket. 60 second adjustable timer with segmented graphics can be set for easily repeatable grind times.
Superior Anti-Static – The Virtuoso Presio boasts an enhanced anti-static design, which minimizes messy coffee dust. While no coffee grinder is completely dust-free, the Virtuoso sets a new standard for minimal dust in this class of coffee grinder.
Efficient, Powerful Motor – The high-torque DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permitting long grinding duty-cycles without the motor overheating. For ultimate protection, the circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting cutoff switch.
Remarkable Durability – The coffee powder is tightly controlled in the grinding chamber for trouble-free operation of the grinder.
Attractive Top Casting – Primarily an aesthetic attribute, the additional weight of the top casting increases the stability of the grinder. It also provides further sound and vibration isolation making for a quieter, smoother-running coffee grinder.
• 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that grind coffee at over 2.5 times as fast as the Virtuoso (1.8 g/sec to 2.5 g/sec. depending on the particle size.)
• Easily adjustable burrs can be calibrated to ensure accurate grind range from espresso to French press in 40 separate settings, which can be further divided into 11 distinct settings. The full range of the Micro adjustment (11 positions) is equal to one step in the Macro adjustment.
• Cast metal upper housing and base for beauty and stability.
• High efficiency motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
• Timer switch for repeatable grinding time.
• Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
• New concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
• Powerful 6.0 amp motor.
• 8 oz. bean hopper
• Large 5 oz. grounds bin.
Color: Black and Stainless
Size: 5?W x 14?H x 6?D
Weight: 8.5 pounds
Warranty: 1 Year